Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Poly Fest

Kia Ora, talofa lava, malo e lelei, faakalofa lahi atu, kia orana, bula vinaka, namaste and greetings!!  It’s Pasifika week in Aotearoa, this means it’s a week long celebration of all things Pacific.  This includes the birthday dance we had with Mrs Tele’a!  Part of the celebration is the Polyfest!  This Thursday we are planning to travel to Manukau to take part in some workshops and then visit stages.  The two stages we will be visiting will be the Maori and Diversity stages.  Did you know that this event - the Polyfest celebrates 40 years since it’s beginning?  Awesome isn’t it! 

I think that young kids are allowed to participate at the poly fest so they can learn there own culture dance.

1. practice there dance.

2.dress in there culture costumes.

3.doing there best at the culture dance.   

They should promote every where so they can bring some people to there stage to watch there item. 

I am looking forward to see the Tongan and cook island doing there dance because that is my two cultures and I have to support them to make them happy,so I can learn the dance to know what my culture does. So when I go to collage I know what dance we have to do so I dont have to be told what to do with our dance. I like Tongan and Cook island dance because Tongan do a stick dance called the tilau and the Cook Island dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.